Who we are
unspoiled nature, healthy environment, and clean air are the key ingredients for obtaining excellent ORGANIC fodder. close collaboration with local farms and breeders has made it possible to create an entire ORGANIC production chain since 1992, certified by AIAB/ICEA, which includes an absolute ban on any GMO products.
Our ORGANIC farms use ORGANIC fodder and grains and fertilize the soil only with their own ORGANIC manure.
Santa Rita BIO pays special attention, on ORGANIC farms, to the animal and its welfare, it does not use silage and GMO feed in its diet. phytotherapeutic and homeopathic remedies are used for treatments. our happy cows are free in the barn and graze outside when the season allows. respect for the animal and not only results in a longer, happy healthy life, but also in an excellent quality of milk and therefore of the ORGANIC Parmigiano Reggiano produced.
Why Choose Santa Rita BIO
- The entire supply chain is certified BIO and "no GMO" by ICEA (ethical and environmental certification institute)
- 100% Italian product: the entire supply chain and all ingredients come from the consortium's delimited area within the Emilia-Romagna DOP region
- is the world's only producer of ORGANIC Parmigiano Reggiano made with BIO mountain milk from the Modenese white cow, a Slow Food presidium
QUALITY AND CERTIFICATIONS
- ORGANIC: AIAB/ICEA organic certification since 1994
- IFS BROKER BUREAU VERITAS
- 100% Italian product for the entire supply chain
- USDA/NOP: Organic certification for the US market.
- PDO: certification of Protected Designation of Origin of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Slow Food Pres idium to safeguard the Vacca Bianca Modenese (White Cow of Modena) since 2008, the only presidium within Parmigiano Reggiano
- NO GMOs: no GMO products are used throughout the supply chain
- GLUTEN FREE: Parmesan cheese is naturally gluten-free
- LACTOSE FREE: Parmesan cheese is naturally lactose free and highly digestible